How To Apply
Doctoral Students in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher) are eligible to apply to the emphasis with approval of their home department/program. A 3 member Biological Engineering faculty admissions committee will review all applications.
Submit the following items to the Grad Advisor, Biological Engineering Student Affairs Officer (BIOE Room 1106) or email@example.com
- A completed cover page to the application (template attached)
- A one-page maximum description of doctoral thesis research
- A completed Graduate Division to add the emphasis with signature of current home department Chair or Graduate Advisor
- An unofficial copy (or copies if more than one institution) of graduate transcripts to date
- Academic Requirements for Emphasis
Completion of the core bioengineering course sequence (BIOE 220A and BIOE 220B), technical elective from an approved list, and seminar courses BIOE 225, and BIOE 230; 3 quarters each) is required with a grade of B or better.
- Completion of the PhD Requirements
Completion of the PhD requirements in the student's home department/program including writing & defending a dissertation related to bioengineering. The student's dissertation committee must include at least one Biological Engineering faculty member or other ladder faculty member involved in the bioengineering research with approval. Please keep in mind that dissertation committees must include a minimum of 3 ladder faculty from home degree programs. If one of these 3 is not a Biological Engineering affiliated faculty member, then a fourth member as a described above must be added.