How To Apply
Doctoral Students in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher) are eligible to apply to the emphasis with approval of their home department/program. A 3 member CBE faculty admissions committee will review all applications.
Submit the following items to Angelina Toporov, CBE's Student Affairs Officer (BIOE Room 1106) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed cover page to the application (template attached)
- A one-page maximum description of doctoral thesis research
- A completed Graduate Division to add the emphasis with signature of current home department Chair or Graduate Advisor
- An unofficial copy (or copies if more than one institution) of graduate transcripts to date
- Academic Requirements for Emphasis
Completion of the core bioengineering course sequence (ENGR 220A and ENGR 220B), technical elective from an approved list, and seminar courses ENGR 225, and ENGR 230; 3 quarters each) is required with a grade of B or better.
- Completion of the PhD Requirements
Completion of the PhD requirements in the student's home department/program including writing & defending a dissertation related to bioengineering. The student's dissertation committee must include at least one CBE faculty member or other ladder faculty member involved in the bioengineering research with approval. Please keep in mind that dissertation committees must include a minimum of 3 ladder faculty from home degree programs. If one of these 3 is not a CBE affiliated faculty member, then a fourth member as a described above must be added.