CBE Faculty Panel on “Taking Control of Your Quarter when the Quarter Feels so out of Control”
Professors Kevin Plaxco (Chemistry), Siddharth Dey (Chem E), Deborah Fygenson (Physics) and Beth Pruitt (Mech E) will be sharing advice for students on working remotely during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Tips for staying motivated and productive in research -- especially if your research is largely experimental; keeping on top of courses and program milestones; and managing stress.
Moderated by Dr. Arica Lubin, Associate Director at the Center for Science and Engineering Partnerships at the California Nanosystems Institute.
Additional Related Resources
Figures and Graphics
- Tyfte’s “The Visual Display of Quantitative Information”
- Jean luc Doumont
- Gabriela Plucinska Blog
- Ram Seshadri’s Preparing Figures Slides
- Kevin’s Favorite Document Camera
- Working from home articles: Working from home because of COVID-19? Here are 10 ways to spend your time By Karin BodewitsMar. 16, 2020 , 12:40 PM, Science Magazine
- Six tips for happy, productive remote working By Paul N. Frater, Lauren L. SullivanDec. 6, 2018 , 2:00 PM, Science Magazine
- You can get that paper, thesis or grant written — with a little help Nature, CAREER FEATURE 30 March 2020
- Science-ing from home Nature, CAREER COLUMN 26 March 2020